Now taking registrations for summer 2019!
Hosted by Nashville Sailing Foundation in partnership with Leadership Academy at Harbor Island Yacht Club.
Harbor Island Yacht Club has offered a Youth Sailing Program for more than 25 years. The program is a full-day – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. (Extended Care available – 7:45 am to 5:30 pm). Sail Camp program is intended for children and young people ages 7 through 17. It is structured with an eye not only toward introducing young people to sailing but also toward racing, advanced knowledge of small boat handling and skills in a safe, fun environment. The program managed by Leadership Academy and is taught by knowledgeable, trained young people, all of whom are required to complete a US Sailing counselor training course as they come of age.
Interested parents are invited to register for one – or more – of four weeks at $350/week. Campers may check-in daily from 8:45-9:00 am and should be picked up from 4:00-4:15 pm.
Sibling discounts available: Save up to 30% off registration!
Extended Care is available from 7:45am-5:30 pm. This supervised program includes snacks, games, and activities that are off the water.
The charge for Extended Care is $50 per Camper, per week, as an additional non-discounted fee. This option is available during registration.
Late Camper pick-ups (after 5:30 pm) are charged $1 a minute.
Harbor Island Yacht Club
300 Harbor Dr, Old Hickory, TN 37138
- Parents sign campers in and out each day; please do not drop your camper without making sure they are with a counselor. If you are going to be late or absent, CALL us so we will know when to expect you.
- Parents, note your pick up time is during rush hour. Please plan accordingly. The counselors have a least an hour’s worth of work after everyone goes home. We will send home a contact list of instructors’ and volunteers’ cell numbers as well as Yacht Club phone numbers on Monday.
- Sailors should arrive with swimsuits already on and BRING:
- Every camper MUST have a comfortable, well-fitting Type III P.F.D. (life jacket). A “ski vest” type of life jacket is safer and more comfortable than an older type orange “horse-collar”. Our good friends at West marine have Type III vests. They are also available at Walmart and Target.
- Water shoes- either crocs, flip flops, or old tennis shoes
- Towel and a change of clothes
Make sure all items are marked with the camper’s name.