Now taking registrations for summer 2018!
Hosted by Nashville Sailing Foundation in partnership with Leadership Academy at Harbor Island Yacht Club.
Harbor Island Yacht Club has offered a Youth Sailing Program for more than 25 years. The program is a full-day – 9:00A to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. (Extended Care available – 7:45am to 5:30pm). Sail Camp program is intended for children and young people ages 7 through 17. It is structured with an eye not only toward introducing young people to sailing, but also toward racing, advanced knowledge of small boat handling and skills in a safe, fun environment. The program managed by Leadership Academy and is taught by knowledgeable, trained young people, all of whom are required to complete a US Sailing counselor training course as they come of age.
Interested parents are invited to register for one – or more – of four weeks at $350/week. Campers may check-in daily from 8:45-9:00am and should be picked-up from 4:00-4:15pm.
Sibling discounts available: Save up to 30% off registration!
Extended Care is available from 7:45am-5:30pm. This supervised program includes snacks, games and activities that are off the water.
The charge for Extended Care is $50 per Camper, per week, as an additional non-discounted fee. This option is available during registration.
Late Camper pick-ups (after 5:30pm) are charged $1 a minute.
Harbor Island Yacht Club
300 Harbor Dr, Old Hickory, TN 37138
- Parents sign campers in and out each day; please do not drop your camper without making sure they are with a counselor. If you are going to be late or absent, CALL us so we will know when to expect you.
- Parents, note your pick up time is during rush hour. Please plan accordingly. The counselors have a least an hour’s worth of work after everyone goes home. We will send home a contact list of instructors’ and volunteers’ cell numbers as well as Yacht Club phone numbers on Monday.
- Sailors should arrive with swimsuits already on and BRING:
- Every camper MUST have a comfortable, well fitting Type III P.F.D. (life jacket). A “ski vest” type of life jacket is safer and more comfortable than an older type orange “horse-collar”. Our good friends at West marine have Type III vests. They are also available at Walmart and Target.
- Water shoes- either crocs, flip flops, or old tennis shoes
- Towel and a change of clothes
Make sure all items are marked with the camper’s name.
Sail Camp @ Percy Priest Lake
Leadership Academy offers Nashville Sail Camp at a second location on Percy Priest lake at Hamilton Creek Marina and is a same learn to sail camp that is offered at Old Hickory Lake. Qualified instructors will teach boating safety, points of sail, boat parts, rigging and basic maneuvering. The camp offers a basic level of sailing, focusing on the fundamentals while having a great time on the water. Along with sailing, your child will learn valuable problem solving and creative thinking techniques. Campers spend their days on shore and on the water, and will come home with plenty of hands-on sailing experience!
Week-long camps run 4 weeks July 9 – Aug 3, 2017
Call 615-856-4772 or visit NashvilleSailCamp.com for more information.